University of Queensland International PhD Scholarship in Engineering and Computing: University of Queensland, Australia is welcoming applications from outstanding and eligible international PhD students for Scholarship in Engineering and Computing. This Scholarship is available for both domestic and international students who wish to enroll in PhD research program at the University.
The aim of this project is to develop, implement, and apply large-scale computational models of hydraulic fracturing in coal seams to predict the improvement in reservoir permeability. Hydraulic fracturing is used to enhance the productivity of unconventional courses of hydrocarbons (e.g. coal seams, shale formations). The applicants will demonstrate academic achievement in the field/s of computational mechanics and the potential for scholastic success.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: $28,092 per annum, and living stipend $5,000 per annum
Subject Eligibility: Engineering and Computing
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Also Check: Russian Government Scholarship for International Students 2020/2021
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the University of Queensland PhD Scholarship in Engineering and Computing, Australia;
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- The award is available for PhD research program on Engineering and Computing offered by the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Queensland, Australia.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Queensland’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
You May Also Like: Harvard University Free Online Course on Computer Science
Application Procedures for University of Queensland PhD Scholarship in Engineering and Computing, Australia
To apply for admission and scholarship, follow the link on the upper right of this page. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Before submitting an application you should:
Check your eligibility
Prepare your documentation
Contact Dr Christopher Leonardi (email@example.com) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship
When you apply, please ensure that under the scholarships and collaborative study section you:
Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’
Select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’.
Select ‘Other’, then ‘Research Project Scholarship’ and type in ‘LEONARDI‘ in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field.
Application Deadline: September 23, 2020
Water Resource Engineering