University of Queensland International PhD Scholarship 2021-2022: Globally there is an urgent need for a step change in the platform for monitoring and controlling electricity distribution. That’s why University of Queensland offers PhD scholarship to domestic and international students who wish to enroll in a research program at the University.
This project will develop a new power system simulation/analysis platform to investigate the security of Queensland’s power system and support the transition to integrate new energy platforms and achieve 50% renewable by 2030.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: $28,597 per annum (2021 rate), indexed annually
Subject Eligibility: Engineering and Computing
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
University of Queensland International PhD Scholarship | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to attain the following eligibility criteria for the University of Queensland International PhD Scholarship 2021-2022;
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- The award is available for PhD program in new power system simulation/analysis platform at the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a Masters’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Applicants should have a good first degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- A PhD project research proposal that is related to the research area
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Queensland, Australia
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Queensland’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
- Applications will be judged on a competitive basis taking into account the applicant’s previous academic record, publication record, honours and awards, and employment history.
- The applicant will demonstrate academic achievement in the field/s of electrical engineering and the potential for scholastic success.
- A background or knowledge of optimisation/control is highly desirable.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
The value of the University of Queensland International PhD Scholarship includes
- Scholarship award of $28,597 per annum (2021 rate), indexed annually awarding to international students.
You May Also Like: 100% Tuition fee Mohamed Bin Zayed University Admission Scholarship
How-to-Apply: To apply for admission and scholarship, follow this link. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Before submitting an application you should:
- Check your eligibility
- Prepare your documentation
- Contact Professor Tapan Saha (email@example.com) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship
When you apply, please ensure that under the scholarships and collaborative study section you:
Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’
Select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’.
Select ‘Other’, then ‘Research Project Scholarship’ and type in ‘POWER SYSTEMS’ in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2020