University of Queensland Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top-up Scholarship 2022: The University of Queensland is welcoming applications from eligible students for their Bioengineering and Nanotechnology Entrepreneurial PhD Top-up Scholarship designated for international students at the University.
This is an Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN) Entrepreneurial PhD top-up scholarship to support outstanding students with a view to support their career development and industry readiness.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Type: Partial funding
Host Institution(s): University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Worth: $10,000 per annum
Study Level: PhD
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International students
You May Also Apply: Canada George Brown College International Awards and Scholarships 2021
Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top-up Scholarship | DETAILS
The program is supplementary to your PhD research project. The program aims to develop research graduate attributes, particularly focusing on entrepreneurship. Successful candidates will complete UQ’s Career Development Framework throughout the course of their PhD, and completion of the program qualifies you for a 6-month scholarship extension (maximum of 4 years). The Top-up will recognise the additional requirements to complete the courses associated with the Career Development Framework, including an industry placemeent.
Applicants for the University of Queensland Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top-up Scholarship 2021 must have to meet the following eligibility criteria;
- Applicants must be international students.
- Have completed some research experience
- Have completed an approved university degree and
- Can meet the English language requirements.
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree); or
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent; or
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean; or
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA will be considered on a case-by-case basis; or
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
The benefits for University of Queensland Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top-up Scholarship 2021includes the following;
- The Top-up Scholarship is worth $10,000 per annum for up to 4 years.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for this top-up scholarship please upload a motivation statement to your PhD application (no more than 1 page), outlining why you would like to participate and up skill in Entrepreneurialism.
- Applications will be judged on a competitive basis taking into account the applicant’s previous academic record, publication record, honours and awards, and employment history.
- Students will need to provide a motivation statement as to why they would like to participate and upskill in Entrepreneurialism and develop their career opportunities through linking with industry early and throughout their PhD.
Application Deadline: Varies