The University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship is now open for applications from interested and exceptional students who wish to enrol for Masters by Research degree or a doctoral degree program. This opportunity is available for Australian / domestic and International students.
This scholarship is provided by the Australian Commonwealth Government and the University of Melbourne, and offered to high-achieving domestic and international research students. Research Training Program Scholarship provide a stipend as well as fee offset are awarded to domestic and international students based on academic merit.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Commonwealth Government
Host Institution(s): University of Melbourne, Australia
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded with 100% fee remission and up to $110,000.
Number of Awards: Approximately 350
Study Level: Masters & Doctoral
Nationality: Australian / domestic and International students.
University of Melbourne Research Training Scholarship | DETAILS
The Research Training Program Scholarship (Fee Offset) is a Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree for 100% fee remission and up to $110,000.
Eligible applicants are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study. Factors such as completion of a degree at the same level of the research course for which the scholarship is sought, relevant professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications or composition of original music may be taken into consideration.
To be eligible for University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be Australian / domestic and International students.
- Applicants must have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne or
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- Applicants must have proof of English Language proficiency.
Successful applicants for University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $34,400 per year pro rata (2023 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia.
You May Also Like: Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023 || Fully Funded
How-to-Apply: If you have applied for admission to a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you do not need to apply for this scholarship. Within seven days of having submitted your course application, you will receive confirmation that you will be automatically considered for a range of graduate research scholarship.
If you already have received an offer for a graduate research course and deferred commencement of your course to the following year, or you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you seek a scholarship, you will need to submit an online application form.
Application Deadline: Not Stated