United Nations Recruitment: Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for a number of job positions at the United Nations. The Programme Officer and Field Security Associate jobs are currently listed.
The United Nations is the one international organization with the reach and vision capable of solving global problems. The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations. The United Nations is recruiting for the below job positions as follow;
1.) Programme Officer (Global Maritime Crime Programme, Atlantic Ocean), P3
Location: Abuja (FCT), Nigeria
Deadline: 25th May, 2021.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, criminology, social sciences, or other relevant social or political area with adequate focus on international maritime affairs, international relations, international security policy, criminal justice and/or law enforcement issues is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in criminal justice project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience in maritime law, maritime law enforcement or naval operations is desirable.
- Work experience in planning, training, conducting, and assessing maritime legislation and maritime law enforcement operations is desirable.
- Working experience in Africa is desirable.
- Experience in working with conflict and post conflict countries is desirable.
2.) Field Security Associate
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
Deadline: 19th May, 2021.
- High school Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Seven (7) years of work experience in security, risk or disaster or emergency areas with security responsibilities, in the public or private service areas, such as national security, military or police, or in a corporate environment is required.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft applications i.e. Word, Excel Access and PowerPoint is required
- Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable
- Experience in the use of radio communications systems is desirable
How to Apply
- Use the link provided to view job details and submit you applications or search for more jobs at the official webpage.
- The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.