Applications are invited from suitably qualified students who are interested in participating in the 61st United Nations Graduate Study Programme 2023 are encouraged to send in their application for the international study programme.
The Graduate Study Programme (GSP) at UN Geneva is the longest-running educational programme of the United Nations that has brought together and trained several thousand young people from over 100 countries on all continents.
United Nations Graduate Study Programme 2023 | Details
The 61st Graduate Study Programme will be held at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. It will consist of lectures given by representatives of the United Nations, other international organizations and NGOs, visits to institutions, and working on group projects. This two-week long summer seminar provides an opportunity for participants to deepen their understanding of the United Nations and “International Geneva” through first-hand observations, lectures, research, and visits to Geneva-based institutions.
To be eligible for the United Nations Graduate Study Programme 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Fluency in spoken and written English is necessary. As some discussions may be held in French, knowledge of French is also recommended.
- Applicants must be between 22 and 32 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme at the time of application. Proof of enrolment will be required.
- Those who are already employed full-time are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have participated in previous editions of the Graduate Study Programme are not eligible to apply.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the United Nations Graduate Study Programme 2023 are to complete an online application form and submit the folling documents:
- a copy of the applicant’s passport;
- a letter of recommendation (in English or in French) from a university or a governmental authority;
- a proof of current enrolment (at the time of application) in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme;
- copies of previous university diplomas obtained;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a short motivation letter (300 words maximum).
Application Deadline: 3rd March 2023 at 12 noon