The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is seeking for young, dynamic and highly motivated individuals who have a dream to be of service to others through an international organization with such a mandate.
UNIDO is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability.
Company/Organisation(s): United Nations
Program Location: Vienna, Austria
Program Duration: Staff-Full-time
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Graduates
Nationality: All nationalities
Apply Also: AMREF Graduate Internship Opportunities for Young Africans
UN Career Opportunities for Young Professionals | What to Expect
The Young Professional is expected to: (a) deliver work requiring basic conceptual comprehension; (b) assist in creating an enabling environment for supportive exposure and growth; (c) assist in building relationships which contribute to information acquisition and (d) achieve results that provide basic substantive baselines.
These are various industrial development opportunities at United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO):
- Young Professional – Focus on Energy, Engineering and/or Environmental Science
- Young Professional – Focus on Economics
- Young Professional – Focus on Resource Efficiency, Circular Economy and/or Environmental Science
- Young Professional – Focus on Engineering, Economics and/or Environmental Management
- Young Professional – Focus on Environmental
To be eligible for United Nations Career Opportunities for Young Professionals, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have Advanced university degree in Energy, Engineering, Economics, Environmental Science, Finance or other field relevant to UNIDO’s mandate is required
- Applicants shall not be more than 30 years of age at the time of their application
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant professional work experience is required. Work experience including practical application of the context of technical cooperation activities is desirable
- Knowledge of intergovernmental affairs and interagency cooperation on sustainable development and climate change issues gained through studies or through work in the public or private sector is required;
- Experience in evaluating the needs, conditions and problems in developing countries is desirable.
- Fluency in English and excellent drafting skills are required. Working knowledge of other official language(s) of the United Nations an asset
- While technical qualifications remain the priority, UNIDO would also like to improve the diversity of our workforce and therefore welcomes for this position, female candidates from the following countries: Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bhutan, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Costa Rica, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Gabon, Georgia, Grenada, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, Iraq, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Luxembourg, Malawi, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Federated States of Micronesia, Monaco, Montenegro, Myanmar, Namibia, Niger, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Qatar, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela and Yemen.
How-to-Apply: To apply for the United Nations Career Opportunities for Young Professionals should pleased Visit the UNIDO web site for details on how to apply: www.unido.org.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023