Applications are invited from suitably qualified young Scientists in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics to apply for the UNESCO-Al FoZan International Prize for the promotion of young scientists in STEM.
The UNESCO Prize was created to encourage young people to undertake scientific careers and make their work more visible to the community and the society.
UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize | DETAILS
The Prize recognizes the achievements of young people that are conducive to socio-economic transformation and development on a global scale while also increasing the interest of young people, particularly girls and women, in science so as to promote gender equality, scientific literacy and the choice of a scientific career.
The Prize is awarded to candidates for their significant achievement/contribution to:
- Research in the STEM including the emerging technologies or;
- STEM education, dissemination of research findings, as well as creativity and innovation or;
- International or regional cooperation in STEM.
You May Like: 2023 Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering
To be eligible for the UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Candidates must be less than 40 years of age at the time of the application deadline.
- Candidature of young women scientists are encouraged.
Who can submit nominations?
The nominations can be submitted by the following entities:
- Governments of Member States, in consultation with their National Commissions
- Non-governmental organizations maintaining official partnerships with UNESCO and active in relevant fields covered by the Prize
- UNESCO Chairs
- Category 2 Centres
- International scientific unions
Nominations must be completed in full in English or French.
Each nomination shall be accompanied by a written recommendation, which shall include:
- a description of the candidate’s background and achievements
- a summary of the work, publications and other supporting documents of major importance, submitted for consideration
- a description of the candidate’s contribution to the Prize’s objectives.
N/B: No self-nomination shall be considered.
How-to-Apply: Nominators of applicants for the UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize are to submit an online application by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2022