UNDP-AU African Young Women Leaders Fellowship: Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the UNDP-AU Young Women Leaders Fellowship which is a 12-month fellowship to equip outstanding young African women.
The AfYWL Fellowship Programme offers an interesting assignment with UNDP at its HQ in New York or in one of its regional or country offices. The fellow may also be assigned to the UN Secretariat or the AU Commission for the second cohort (2021-2022).
Fellowship Sponsor(s): African Union (AU) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Host Institution(s): UNDP Headquarters
Number of Awards: 25
Study Level: All study levels
Duration: 12 months
You may like: UNDP/Nigerian Government Jubilee Fellows Programme for Young Nigerians 2021
Young Women Leaders Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the UNDP-AU Women Leaders Fellowship, applicants must ensure to meet the following requirements:
- Female candidates only.
- National of an African Union member state. Priority will be given to nationals of AU member states that did not benefit from the first cohort of the Fellowship Programme.
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, Law, Communications, Digitalization or other related development field.
- Maximum one year (post master) of relevant and paid working experience in research, analysis and programme/project development, implementation and management.
- Available in late 2021/early 2022 to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Available in 2021/22 to dedicate 12 months to a fellowship assignment.
- Willing to live and work outside their country of residence.
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, and ability to evaluate and analyze information accurately in order to identify key issues and solutions.
See Also: AAUW International Fellowships 2021/2022 for Women to Study in the United States
- The programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance.
- Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at their respective duty station.
- An earmarked learning budget will be also allocated for undertaking relevant learning and development activities
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Young Women Leaders Fellowship 2021/2022 are to apply online on or before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 14th September 2021
good day, please will Nigeria be allowed for the 2nd cohort?