The World Academy of Science (TWAS) in collaboration with UNESCO and a number of centres of excellence in the South is inviting application from suitably qualified researchers for the TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2024.
The Associateship Scheme is to help counteract the brain drain affecting many developing countries and to support regular visits by researchers from developing countries to centres of excellence in the South.
- Company/Organisation(s): TWAS and UNESCO
- Program Type: Associateship scheme
- Program Location: Several
- Available Slot: Several
- Basic Qualifications: Ph.D.
- Nationality: Developing countries
TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
Interested applicants for the TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme are to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be holders of a PhD or equivalent degree.
- Applicants must have obtained their degrees in the field of natural sciences.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Program are to complete and online application and provide the following supporting documents:
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s passport, even if expired (page with applicant’s name and surname);
- Supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae (no more than 4 pages);
- The applicant’s full list of publications;
- PhD certificate;
- Two letters of recommendation by two referees, one of whom should be from an expert from another country;
- A recent invitation letter – on the host institution’s letterhead paper – from one of the Institutions listed in the files available here. It should contain the proposed time of the visits (two to three months for each visit) and should refer to the proposed cooperation. It should be made evident that the applicant and the proposed host have been in contact regarding the scientific work to be done during the visit and that the conditions for conducting the work have been agreed in terms of the timing of the visit and the facilities available.
Application Deadline: 4th December 2023