Applications are invited from young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in chemical and biological sciences to apply for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship.
The fellowship is a partnership offer from TWAS and the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) aimed at furthering chemical and biological research.
Company/Organisation(s): TWAS and ICCBS
Program Type: Postgraduate Fellowship
Program Location: Pakistan
Program Duration: 6-12 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Master’s degree
Nationality: Developing Countries
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship | DETAILS
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) – comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research – for studies leading to a PhD degree in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
Applicants must be registered for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option) in order to apply for the fellowship. The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided with ICCBS.
To be considered for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university.
- provide an official Preliminary Acceptance Letter from ICCBS (see sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline and two reference letters;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship are to complete an online application. Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED.
Application Deadline: 4 July 2022