TransparencIT is delighted to offer Civic Changemakers Fellowship program to active community champions to develop and scale solutions for disrupting civic participation and improving governance and social justice in their communities.
The Civic Changemakers Fellowship programme is a civic innovation and governance training aimed at empowering community champions who are working or have the ambition to work on solving civic and governance challenges.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): TransparencIT, Nigeria
Host Institution(s): Across Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions
Fellowship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates, Masters & PhD
TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship | DETAILS
The sole objective of the programme is to strengthen the civic space and make a difference in the lives of our communities by developing the combination of knowledge, skills, values, and motivation of the changemakers to foster and implement citizens-driven solutions.
The programme was designed to create a positive impact using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The core components of the fellowship comprise parallel training in experiential learning, leadership development, inclusion, innovation and management framework.
To be eligible for Civic Changemakers Fellowship program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of application.
- Applicants must be Citizens and residents of Nigeria at the time of the programme.
- Applications must be Passionate about solving social justice and governance challenges in their communities.
- Available to attend both online and on-site activities of the programme.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, writing and understanding the English language.
- Women and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The emerging changemakers will:
- Take part in interactions with global experts on equity and social justice.
- Receive professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities in addition to peer group learning.
- Receive support to build and advance solutions around governance challenges and customized programming from TransparencIT and affiliate partners.
- Learn how to adopt technology in advocacy and leverage it to improve governance.
The emerging changemakers will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to community service or volunteerism on issues of inequality and social justice.
- Demonstrated interest in developing leadership capacities and civic solutions.
- Ability to work with diverse groups cooperatively.
- Strong social and problem-solving skills.
How-to-Apply: To apply for the Civic Changemakers Fellowship program, please complete and submit the application form by June. The application requires that you write short essays on the inequality and social justice issues you are addressing.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023