Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program (TLG) at the American University in Cairo, Egypt aimed at equipping deserving students with the professional qualifications and experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the development of the society.
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) students program is a joint effort between the US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC), and American University in Cairo (AUC). The program offers students a fully funded opportunity to pursue higher education and earn a master’s degree.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs and AUC
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): The American University in Cairo
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: International Students
See Also: Tulane University Sub-Saharan Africa Leadership Scholarship Award 2023
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The students who are eligible to join should be nationals/citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Meet AUC graduate admission requirements
- Strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Possess maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
- Show financial need.
- Must commit to pursuing their graduate thesis research in one of the eligible research projects.
- Full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters
- Medical insurance
- A monthly stipend
- Student Housing
- Internship/practicum opportunity, including local transportation costs if needed.
- Opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants.
- Two annual round-trip economy air tickets from home to campus; or housing and living stipend to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program 2022/23 are to submit the TLG application. Applicants will also complete the online TLG students program-Graduate admission admission.
Application Deadline: TLG Application deadline is December 5, 2022, and the AUC graduate admission deadline is December 15, 2022.