The World Bank Legal Internship Program: The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency invites application from highly-motivated law students for an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of the Legal Vice Presidency.
The Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
Company/Organization: The World Bank
Program Type: Student Internship
Location: Washington D.C. and selected countries
Program Targeted at: Law Students
Program Duration: 3 months
Nationality: All Nationalities
Apply for: World Food Programme (WFP) Internship Programme for Female Students and Developing Countries
The World Bank Legal Internship 2023 | DETAILS
The program’s objective is to provide first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency. It is an internship offered thrice a year for a period of maximum three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in certain selected offices for currently enrolled law school students.
To be eligible for the World Bank Legal Internship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold citizenship of any IBRD member state.
- Must be enrolled currently in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent program.
- Must possess excellent command of the English language.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the World Bank Legal Internship Program are to submit the below documents online:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2023