WE Empower UN SDG Challenge 2021: Applications are invited from innovative women leaders from around the world who are pushing the SDGs forward through sustainable business practices and inspiring others to follow suit for the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge 2021. Awardees of the Challenge will have the opportunity to receive a $20,000 business grant.
The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge is the first-of-its-kind global competition for women social entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to act to create the world we want by 2030. The Challenge elevates and showcases the valuable contribution women entrepreneurs and business leaders are making.
Programme Sponsor(s): Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation
Award Amount: up to $20,000
Area of Focus: Entrepreneurship
Country Eligibility: All countries
WE Empower UN SDG Challenge 2021 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge:
- Applicant must be an innovative and social entrepreneur woman pushing the SDGs forward through sustainable business practices and inspiring others to follow suit.
- A woman entrepreneur with lead decision making ability in a business or organization
- Applicant’s business/organization has been in operation for more than three years
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership abilities
- Applicants must be available to travel to New York and participate in the contest events from Friday, September 17 through Saturday, September 25, 2021 (COVID-19 travel restrictions permitting) OR participate in a virtual program if needed from August through October 2021.
- Applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Applicant’s business must employ at least three full-time staff (or full-time equivalent).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge 2021 are to complete an online form before the application deadline. Applicants will be required to answer some specific questions about themselves.
Applicants will be required to submit a short video of yourself (maximum of two minutes) providing the information and answering the questions listed below, in English. A video submission is a required part of the competition.
- State your full name (first name and family name)
- State the name of your organization and your job title
- State the name of the country your business is located
- What is the mission of your organization?
- What do you hope to achieve if you are selected to participate as a finalist in this competition?
- What is the impact of your activities on the UN SDGs?
How to submit video
- Video attachments may be hosted on a video site such as YouTube or Vimeo
- You may also upload a video file within the application platform
- File size should not exceed 20 MB
- Preferred file types are .MP4, .MOV, and .WMV
- Please do not upload any further written material with your video, as the judges will not consider these. The written component of your entry should be fully explained within the provided form fields.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021