University of Texas (UT) in Dallas offers Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) each year to incoming first-time-in-college freshman students admitted for the fall term immediately following high school graduation.
All UT Dallas applications are considered for an Academic Excellence Scholarship. Students are automatically considered for an AES award on the basis of their completed application to the university.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Texas, USA
Scholarship Type: Partially Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Texas, USA
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
University of Texas Academic Excellence Scholarship | Details
Students are awarded AES on the basis of overall academic accomplishments. All AES awards provide funds to defray some of the costs of UT Dallas tuition and mandatory fees. For out-of-state students, any AES award also qualifies the student for in-state tuition and fee rates.
- UT Dallas encourages all students to submit their application and complete their files as early as possible. An application file is considered “complete” for review when official academic transcripts and the ApplyTexas or Common App application are received.
- Applicants can request a hold on the review of their application file pending the submission of supplemental materials.
- Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. During peak application periods, it can take four to six weeks for an application file to be reviewed.
- Applications completed after the regular deadline will continue to be processed, but applicants may not receive a decision in time to avoid late class registration
To be eligible for the University of Texas Academic Excellence Scholarship, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
All applicants are reviewed individually and holistically. Consideration is given to factors such as:
- Overall grades in academic coursework and trends in achievement
- Strength of high school curriculum, including level of rigor (AP, IB, dual credit)
- High school rank and GPA
- SAT I or ACT test scores, if available
- Preparation for and ability to be successful in intended major
- Information provided in the résumé, optional essay and/or optional letters of recommendation
- Applicant can choose from essay topic A, B, or C
- Letters of recommendation are suggested, but not required, and limited to a maximum of three
- Indicate you plan to apply without an SAT/ACT score by submitting the Applying without Score form through Galaxy.
- Request an official high school transcript to be sent electronically or mailed in a sealed envelope to the following address:
The University of Texas at Dallas
Office of Admission and Enrollment
800 W Campbell Rd
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
Application Deadline: Not Specified