Are you a student with limited funding ability from a low-income country who is passionate about advancing your educational career in the United States of America? Are you looking for a fully funded scholarship for the current academic session? Then take advantage of The Gates Scholarship 2024-2025.
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is one of the most competitive and popular scholarship worldwide that provides funding to students from low-income households aiming to study in a higher institution in the United States. The scholarship is awarded to outstanding student, with the intent of assisting them to realize their educational dream and also attain their maximum potential.
Successful Gates scholars are provided full funding for their studies that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as outlined by the Free Application for federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology employed by the Scholar’s college or university. The Gates Scholarship covers full funding for the successful candidate.
The Gates Scholarship 2024-2025 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Gates Scholarship 2024/25, interested applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Must have completed his/her high school.
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class).
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities).
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.).
Gates Scholarship have provided over $1.6 billion worth of scholarships, mentoring, and supporting thousands of students to achieve their educational goals. Gates scholars receive numerous benefits that support their educational journey including:
- Full tuition fee cover.
- Accommodation cover
- Transportation expenses
- Board expenses
- Book expenses
- Other personal costs
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) 2024-2025 | Application Guide
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must have to sign up or sign in to complete their myTGS profile and ensure that they fill in all the required information and upload relevant documents on or before the application deadline.
To sign up, applicants will be required to provide their First name, Last name, Birthdate, Role, Email and also create their unique password to create an account. To sign in, applicants will be required to input their Email and their password.
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for the Gates Scholarship by visiting the application portal.
Following is the application timeline of Gates Scholarships:
- The opening date of Gates Scholarships application is July 15 every year.
- The deadline to apply for Gates Scholarship is on September 15 every year.
- After the scholarship applications are reviewed, semifinalists are contacted in the month of December or January.
- The finalists interviews takes place in March and scholars are selected in the month of April.
- Scholars will be awarded with Gates Scholarships in July – September in time for the fall semester.