Tampere Universities Scholarships for Non-EU International Students: International students from non-EU countries are here invited to apply for a number of scholarships at Tampere Universities made available for the next academic session. Tampere Universities Scholarships are highly competitive and as such selection may be based on academic excellence.
Both Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences offer a number of scholarships for fee-paying students in order to provide excellent international students with high-quality, yet affordable, education. Scholarships are not available for students in tailored degree education provided for a third party.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences
Scholarship to be taken at: Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences
Scholarship Type: Tuition Scholarships
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Scholarship Slots: Several
Scholarship Worth: Partial to full tuition cover
Subject Eligibility: All subject areas
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
You May Like: The Karolinska Institutet Global Master’s Scholarships to Study in Sweden 2021
Tampere University Scholarships | ELIIBILITY
Scholarships available at admission
- Tampere University tuition fee scholarships cover 100% of the tuition fees for the programme duration. The programme duration is
- three years for Bachelor’s degrees
- two years for Master’s degrees
- five years if the study right is granted for both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree.
The prerequisite for retaining the Tampere University tuition fee scholarship throughout the programme duration is progressing in studies at the normative pace. In order to retain the full tuition fee scholarship in the following year of studies, the recipient must earn at least 55 credits during the academic year as detailed in the personal study plan. If a scholarship recipient completes 50-54 credits during the academic year, his or her scholarship will be reduced to 50% in the following academic year. If a scholarship recipient completes less than 50 credits during the academic year, he or she will be charged the full tuition fee in the following academic year.
Scholarships available during studies
- During studies, all fee-paying students are eligible to apply for Tampere University tuition fee scholarships covering 50% of tuition fees. The scholarship is awarded to a fee-paying student who completes at least 60 ECTS credits with a GPA of no less than 3/5 in an academic year. Scholarships are awarded after the first year of studies for one year at a time upon application.
- Tampere University International Advancement Scholarship rewards fee-paying students for making swift progress in studies. It is available annually for students who pay tuition fee for their studies (either full or partial fee, students who are studying on a 100 % tuition fee scholarship are not eligible.
Tampere University of Applied Sciences Scholarships | ELIGIBILITY
Bachelor level programmes
- 50% Early Bird -scholarship waiver for the first year, if acceptance of offered study place and 50% payment of first year tuition fee is done within 7 days of receiving a Conditional Offer Letter.
- Academic Award -scholarship waivers of 25% and 50% in the following years based on credits gained and Finnish language skills test results.
Master level programmes
- -1 500 € Early Bird -scholarship waiver for the first year, if whole year paid in one installment of 9 300 € by 31 May
- Academic Award -scholarship waivers 25% – 50% for the following year (if applicable) based on credits gained in the first year.
Also, Apply: University Of Applied Sciences Foreign Student Scholarships 2020 (Tuition Award in Germany)
How-to-Apply: To be considered for the Tampere Universities Scholarships for Non-EU International Students, you must apply for the scholarship as part of your application for admission during the application period for admission. Apply at: Studyinfo.fi
- For applicants to Master’s programmes, the application period starts on 9 December 2020 at 8.00 GMT +2 and ends on 13 January 2021 at 15.00 GMT +2.
- For applicants to Bachelor’s programmes, the application period begins on 7 January 2021 at 8.00 GMT +2 and ends on 20 January 2021 at 15.00 GMT +2.