Are you considering to Study Medicine in Ukraine? then you are just on the right page to find out what you must know. Students from around the world are usually pulled not only by the quality of medical studies in Ukraine but also because of the low tuition fees – yes, high quality of medical studies and very low tuition fees, very low cost of living – this makes Ukraine one of the perfect choices when considering where to study medicine.
English speaking international students may only have to note from the beginning that the main language of instruction in Ukraine Schools is Russian and Ukrainian, except for some popular medical faculties for international students which readily make use of English language and French.
Why Ukraine Medical Schools?
The universities in Ukraine has been able over the years to attract international students from all around the world, and this can be credited to their good quality of education, and let’s not forget their famous low tuition, which is currently the cheapest option in Europe and beyond, fees as low as £2600/£3700 annual, also, the living cost is very friendly, you will spend around £700 for accommodation and £150 for food annually,
Among all these, the possibility that you can also study some courses in either English language or French is remarkable. Lastly, the application process in applying to any Ukraine university is not just only flexible but it is also both easy and simple.
Top Medical Schools in Ukraine to Study Medicne
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM.
- International Europe University.
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University.
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Ivan Frankivsk National Medical
- Sunny Oblast University
- Chernihiv Oblast University
- Taras Schevchenko National University of Kyiv
- V.N Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy
- Odessa National Medical University.
And this is to mention but a few! These Ukrainian medical universities are mostly government-owned, with a few that are privately owned, all of them award degrees that are recognized by reputable global medical organizations.
Requirements for Admission to Study Medicine in Ukraine
- Tuition fee: Tuition fees generally ranges between $2,280 – $4,500. Fees payments are usually made upon arrival.
- Undergraduate Studies: Five (5) credit passes in science subject that must include Biology and Chemistry.
- Postgraduate Studies: A Doctor of Medical Degree. The following are also recognized – USMLE, PLAB, WHO, EU, MCI, PMDC, AU and all African Medical Council
Common Programs Offered by Medical Schools in Ukraine
- Dentistry: 5 to 6 years program
- Pharmacy: 5 to 6 years program
- Veterinary Medicine: 6 years program
- Medical Specialization: 3 to 6 years program
- Nursing: 3 to 4-year program
- Physiotherapy: 3 to 4-year program
- General Medicine: 4 (graduate) and 6-year program.
You May Like: Top Tuition Free Online Universities 2021
Steps to Apply
Although application steps may differ to different medical schools in Canada as your choice may be, however, general steps to take in applying to study medicine in Ukraine are as follows;
- Meet entry requirements of the school and the general entry requirements as stated above
- Make estimates of tuition fees and living cost before you begin application
- If you can, apply for scholarships in the school made available to international students (usually some of the scholarships may be awarded after offer of admission
- Apply for Ukrainian Student Visa
- Prepare and make ready your entire academic and travel documents.
- Make a choice of your preferred Medical school and send your application to them (You can discuss your study arrangement with the school)
Pros and Cons to Studying in Ukraine
Pros: We have already mentioned all these amazing, succulent, advantages, and plus sizes you will get when you study in Ukraine. However there may be some downsides too.
Cons: it is only wise to mention some of the downsides of living in Ukraine, to prevent any kind of surprises;
- Alleged corruption.
- Strike immigration regulation.
- Language Barrier challenge.
Overall, you will certainly enjoy your study stay in Ukraine if you ever choose you study medicine in that study destination.
Remember to Sign Up for updates to keep enjoying useful study tips and other trending opportunities from us.