Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates for the Kader Asmal Fellowship programme, a fully funded scholarship opportunity offered to South African students to study at Master’s level in Ireland’s world-renowned Higher Education Institutions.
The Fellowship programme aims to support students who would not otherwise have the opportunity to pursue Master’s level education in Ireland.
Company/Organisation(s): Irish Aid
Program Type: Postgraduate Fellowship
Program Location: Ireland
Program Duration: 10-16 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
Nationality: South Africans
See Also: Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships 2022 (Fully Funded)
Kader Asmal Fellowship 2022 | DETAILS
This flagship programme of the Embassy of Ireland in South Africa is part of the broader Ireland Fellows Programme offered by Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs. The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is targeted at early career professionals in South Africa with leadership potentials. It broadly support leadership for the Sustainable Development Goals, and supporting the development of women’s leadership capacity and women’s participation in STEM.
- Course fees
- Monthly allowance
- Cost of flights
- Insurance and other incidental expenses
To be considered for the Kader Asmal Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident national of South Africa
- Have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering)
- Hold an honours’ level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognised higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 75% – i.e. a first class honour, or second class honour, grade 1 (in some cases a second class honour grade 2 may be accepted).
- Not already hold a qualification at master’s level or higher. Not currently undertaking a programme at master’s level or higher, or be due to start a programme at master’s level or higher in the academic year 2021/22.
- Be appliying to commence a new course at master’s level in Ireland no sooner than August/September 2022.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and aspirations, as well as commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within your own country.
- Have identified and selected two relevant courses from the Ireland Fellows Programme Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for both courses chosen.
- Must not have applied for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion.
- Be in a position to take up the Fellowship in the academic year 2022/23.
Recommended: Full Masters Scholarship to Study in Ireland 2022/23 [Go Overseas]
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Kader Asmal Fellowship are to complete an online application by the application deadline. Applicants will be required to provide all the necessary information as incomplete application will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: Not specified