Maastricht University Holland-High Potential scholarship 2022-2023 is now open for applications from eligible international students. The scholarship is open to students outside the European Union (EU/EEA) and requires that such students first be admitted to a Master’s programme at Maastricht University (UM).
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Maastricht University Scholarship Fund/ Holland Scholarship
Scholarship to be taken at: Maastricht University, Netherlands
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Scholarship Worth: Up to €29,000 per year
Number of Awards: 24 full scholarships.
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: International students (non EU/EEA)
UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Maastricht University holland scholarships, all candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2022-2023 academic year. List of the UM master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2022.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2022-2023 scholarship programme applicants.
|Living expenses||€ 11,400* (12 months) or € 22,800* (24 months)||Paid to students by the UM International Services Desk|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 700*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Visa application costs||€ 174*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Tuition fees||€ 13,800*; € 15,500* or € 16,800* depending on the tuition of your study programme||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Pre-Academic Training costs||At cost||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
- How-to-Apply: To apply for the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme, you will have to follow the steps (below);
- Step 1: Register for one of the participating Master’s programmes at Maastricht University. For further details on how to register for a Master’s programme at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for Maastricht University. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
- Step 2: Please fill in the application forms (available on the official page) and upload the following required documents:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter of motivation.
- Proof of academic excellence.
- The contact details of one referee.
- Step 3: You will have to contact the referee you provided in your application form and ask them to submit their reference letter via email to email@example.com before deadline
Application Deadline: 1 February 2022