Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Students 2021: You can live and study in a country with a booming economy and vibrant cultural life, where innovation meets tradition. Applications are invited from students for the 2021/2022 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Student. The scholarship is supported by the Hungarian Government for international students and it is a fully-funded scholarship scheme.
Obtaining a degree at a Hungarian university will give you an exceptional opportunity to acquire highly competitive knowledge and a special international experience in the heart of Europe. International students are encouraged to take advantage of the scholarship to enrol for an undergraduate, Masters and PhD degree programme.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Hungarian Government
Scholarship to be taken at: Hungary
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Scholarship level: Undergraduate, Masters and Non-degree programmes
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international students.
You may be interested in: How to Apply for and Win DAAD Scholarships | Things to Note
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Students | Details
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Eligibility criteria: To be eligible for the 2021 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate, masters and PhD degree programme at a university in Hungary.
- Applicants must ensure that their chosen programmes are relevant to their field of studies.
- Applicants for the undergraduate scholarship must have obtained relevant high school certificates for admission into an undergraduate programme at a university in Hungary.
- Applicants for the Masters and PhD programmes must have obtained relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates respectively for admission into the relevant programmes.
- Applicants for the doctoral studies scholarship are to remember to find a supervisor.
For Full time studies, students from the following countries can apply:
Egypt, Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Brazil, Georgia, Iran, Pakistan, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Thailand, Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao, Lebanon, , Malaysia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Palestine, Panama, Algeria, Bangladesh, China, Albania, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cape Verde, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Moldova, Namibia, North Macedonia, Paraguay, Rwanda, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Sudan, Philippines, Myanmar, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Russian, Vietnam, Eritrea, Israel, Kuwait, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Tanzania.
For partial (exchange) study programmes, students from the following countries can apply:
Costa Rica, Nigeria, Georgia, Brazil, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Lebanon, Mongolia, China, Albania, Belarus, Chile, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Korea,Moldova, North Macedonia, Rwanda, Singapore, Turkey, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Russia, Syria, Mexico, Israel, Yemen.
- Tuition-free education
- Monthly stipend of HUF 43,700 (cca EUR 120)
- Accommodation contribution – free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month
- Medical insurance – health care services and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 100,000 (cca EUR 275) a year
How-to-Apply: Applications for the 2021 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Students are processed in an online application system. Applicants are to ensure that all supporting documents are uploaded to the application portal before the application expiration date.
- Online application form
- Motivation letter
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian language.
- School certificates
- Copy of identification document
- Medical certificate
Application Deadline: January 16th, 2021 at 23:59 (Central European Time)