Stellenbosch University Tubingen-South Africa Programme is now open for applications from interested and eligible South African students who wish to enrol in a cultural and language exchange program through being exposed to the German culture and Germany.
The Tübingen-South Africa Programme is a cultural and language exchange programme that offers South African students the chance to be exposed to the German culture and language. It also aims to bring about closer ties and understanding between South Africa and Germany.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Stellenbosch University, South Africa
Host Institution(s): Stellenbosch University, South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded and travel bursary to cover their flight expenses
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Bachelor degree
Nationality: South African Students
DETAILS | Stellenbosch University Tubingen-South Africa Program
Students spend a month in Tübingen, where they take part in a programme designed to provide a broad spectrum of knowledge in various subjects, from language to history to economics. Students also go on factory visits and sightseeing excursions, which make for an exciting four weeks of multifaceted learning.
Each year, 18 students from Tübingen’s local partner universities get the chance of a lifetime to take part in the programme. Apart from SU, the other partner universities are the universities of Cape Town, KwaZulu-Natal, Johannesburg, Witwatersrand, Pretoria and Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
To be eligible for Stellenbosch University Tubingen-South Africa Programme, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be registered for a full degree at SU;
- Applicants must be in at least your second year of study
- Have an overall aggregate of 60%;
- Have not travelled abroad before;
- Be able to travel to Germany for the month of January; and
- Be a South African citizen OR hold a valid South African study visa.
Successful applicants for Stellenbosch University Tubingen-South Africa Programme will be awarded with the following benefits:
- Accommodation with a German host family (including a small breakfast);
- Lunch and dinner during the week at the local student canteen (Mensa);
- Bus pass for the month of January valid in Tübingen and suburbs;
- Internet access;
- Study material (notepad, pens, etc.);
- Seminars and classes;
- Expenses associated with other, accompanying events and activities;
- Expenses associated with official excursions and factory tours, including transport, entrance fees, meals, etc.; and
- Extra warm winter wear, if needed.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Stellenbosch University Tubingen-South Africa Programme, students can send their CV and two-page written motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2022