Special Research Fund PhD Scholarships for Developing Countries Students: Applications call for the 2020 Special Fund Research Fund scholarships for Doctoral students from developing countries is open to deserving and eligible doctoral students to take advantage of. The scholarship seeks to support promising doctoral candidates who wish to carry out part of his/her doctoral research at Ghent University and half in a university in a developing country with funding from ‘Special Research Fund’ (BOF). Before applying for the scholarship, all applicants will have to get explicit commitment of a professor from Ghent University who will act as their personal doctoral supervisor. If there is need for candidates to approach a Ghent University professor, they can do so through the list of faculties and research topics on the research directory of the university. All international doctoral candidates need to fill and complete an admission process where the academic qualifications, research proposal and language skills will be assessed.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Ghent University (Special Research Fund)
Scholarships to be taken at: Ghent University
Scholarship Type: Part Scholarship
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: Tuition Fees, bench fee of €310/per month, €8000 travel budget
Subject Eligibility: PhD courses at Ghent University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for International students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Applicants must be international student from developing countries
- Applications must be submitted on the application forms provided for this purpose which will be assessed by the Research council.
- Applicants are to note that the scholarship is highly competitive and the applicants will be selected based on their Bachelor and Master degree results.
- Applicants will also be assessed by their doctoral project, relevance of the research topic for development and capacity building.
- The scientific and scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s); the partnership between Ghent University and the Local Institutes as well as the scientific/ scholarly disposition of the local institute.
- Merit-Based International Student Scholarships at University of Alabama, USA
- 2019/2020 Korean Government Scholarships for Developing Countries
Application Procedure for the Special Research Fund PhD Scholarships for Developing Countries Students
- Applicants must submit and online application form provided for the purpose of the scholarship.
- Applicant together with a supervisor at Ghent University and a supervisor at the partner university submits a proposal outlining the research topic and relevance.
Application Deadline: 4th February, 2020