Singapore International Graduate Award 2021/2022: International graduate students from across the globe are invited to apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) for an opportunity to study and research in a Singaporean university on full scholarship.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Singapore Agency for Science/Collaborators
Scholarships to be taken at: Singapore.
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (PhD).
Scholarship Worth/Allowance: Please see scholarship benefits
Subject Eligibility: See research areas (below).
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students.
Singapore International Graduate Award 2021/2022 Scholarships | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The eligibility conditions will include;
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results may be required depending on the school you are applying to.
- The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive, see more about eligibility
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
- Taiwan International Graduate Program Scholarship 2021
- International Graduate Scholarship At KNU in South Korea
How-to-Apply: To apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award 2021/2022 Scholarships for PhD studies, you should follow the below steps;
- Browse PhD Research Projects: Browse through any of these projects you are interested in.
- Documents Required: Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports: ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
- Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office.
- All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
Application Deadline: 1 June 2021 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time).