Rotary International Scholarship for Study Abroad 2021-2022: This is a great opportunity for student/scholars to use Rotary grant funds to assist in obtaining higher-level degrees from institutions abroad and to learn about Rotary, their areas of study and the world. Rotary District 6780 is again offering a scholarship opportunity for a student interested in studying abroad for one year to pursue a masters or doctoral degree.
Dr. Alan Clark, the district governor-nominee for Rotary District 6780, comprised of East Tennessee and southern Middle Tennessee including Franklin, Coffee, Bedford, and Lincoln counties, and a member of the Franklin County A.M. Rotary Club, explained that the purpose of the scholarship is to foster an understanding of Rotary’s areas of focus and provide a unique educational opportunity for non-Rotary students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Rotary International
Scholarships to be taken at: Rotary International
Scholarship Type: Education Support
Scholarship level: Masters or PhD
Scholarship Worth: $30,000
Subject Eligibility: Various Courses offered at the University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
You May Also Like: University of Queensland PhD Research Scholarship
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Rotary International Students Scholarship 2021-2022
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into Masters and PhD degree program.
- The award is available for Masters and PhD students in various courses offered at Rotary Organization..
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- The applicant’s field of study must correspond to one of Rotary’s areas of focus, which are peace and conflict resolution, disease prevention and treatment, water and sanitation, maternal and child health, basic education and literacy, and economic and community development.
- A seventh area, environmental protection, is also being added as a new area of focus. These are considered by Rotary to be the world’s most challenging humanitarian needs, Clark said.
- The application process involves completing an application form, obtaining and including recommendations from educators and/or employers, and providing original transcripts from all post-secondary colleges or universities attended.
- The application must then be forwarded to the local Rotary Club submitting the application for grant funding.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Rotary International’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for Rotary International Students Scholarship 2021-2022
The application process involves completing an application form, obtaining and including recommendations from educators and/or employers, and providing original transcripts from all post-secondary colleges or universities attended.
The application must then be forwarded to the local Rotary Club submitting the application for grant funding.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021