Reuters Institute Journalism Fellowship 2021 at the University of Oxford: Are you a journalist seeking to learn new skills in your profession? Then apply for the Reuters Institute Journalism Fellowship 2021 at the University of Oxford. The majority of fellows admitted into the Reuters Institute fellowship programme are fully-funded and they receive a stipend to cover living and travel costs.
The Journalist Fellowship Programme at the Reuters Institute is one of the world’s leading schemes for practising, mid-career journalists to take out time to explore the journalism profession in depth. The programme is for working journalists and editors who will return to journalism after spending a few months doing the fellowship.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism
Fellowship to be taken at: University of Oxford
Fellowship Slot: 30
Fellowship Worth: See Fellowship Benefits
Country Eligibility: Candidates all over the world
Reuters Institute Journalism Fellowship 2021 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the Reuters Institute Journalism Fellowship 2021 at the University of Oxford, applicants must:
- Possess a minimum of five years journalistic experience, or in rare cases demonstrate the equivalent level of expertise.
- Be able to interact and join in discussions using English language.
- Be willing to return to journalism after completing their fellowship at the Institute.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and academic abilities.
- Fully funded fellowship offer
- A monthly stipend of £2,000 to cover living costs
- Travel cost to and from the UK and any visa costs will be covered.
How-to-Apply: Applicants for the Reuters Institute Journalism Fellowship 2021 at the University of Oxford are to apply online and upload the following documents:
- A one-page personal statement about why you want to join this programme, and how you will apply your research project when you return to work.
- A project proposal that would benefit the news industry in your country or company. The proposal should be between 800-1200 words and should outline the questions you hope to answer and how you propose to answer them during your time with us.
- Two professional references.
- A CV/resume that includes your current job title and company (with links to their site), career history, and education history.
Application Deadline: 8 February 2021