Applications are invited from suitably qualified young African Women for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women who are in the final stage of the PhD program, postdoctoral researchers, and early career academics.
The Scholarship is supported and funded by the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship – Advanced Scholars West Africa program which focuses on Sustainable Development Goal 5 (gender equality) and (gender equality) as a crosscutting or mainstream goal.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queen Elizabeth Scholarship
Scholarship Type: Academic Award
Host Institution(s): Any African University
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Advanced Scholars from Africa, applicants must meet the required criteria:
- Applicants must be African women.
- All applicants must be able to communicate in English or French.
- Must be enrolled i a doctoral research, post-doctoral research or early career research.
- Must be from an eligible West African countries.
- Research must fall into the eligible thematic areas.
- Applicants must be mobile and willing to travel. Travel may occur across West Africa and/or to Canada where feasible and permissible.
- Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo.
- Mobility expenses
- Research placement expenses
- Travel and health insurance
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women are to complete their application and provide all the required information and document.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2023