2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme: Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the 2022/2023 Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship.
Applicants are to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the participating partner universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
Host Institution(s): Participating universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France and Malaysia
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Study level: Masters and PhD
2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship | DETAILS
The PTDF, the Federal Government agency is committed to the development of indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology in the petroleum industry of the Nigerian economy. The scholarship award is to support Nigerian students secure and complete specific programmes from a diversed pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe. PTDF scholarships are highly competitive seeking only candidates with outstanding academic credentials including academic merit as seen by the quality of academic degrees, academic transcripts, other acquired professional qualifications and publications to be referenced by the applicant.
To be eligible for the 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme in UK, Germany, France, and Malaysia applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must possess good academic credentials as evidenced by quality of degrees, academic transcripts, membership of professional bodies
- Relevant publications to be referenced by applicant (PhD applicants only)
- Viability of the study/research plan.
- The award covers payment of tuition and bench fee.
- Provision of flight tickets.
- Payment of health insurance.
- Provision of allowances to cover the costs of accommodation and living expenses
Requirements for Masters Scholarship:
- A minimum of second class upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a second class lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Be computer literate and possess 5 O/level credits including English Language.
- Statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) outlining the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil and gas industry and its expected impact on national development.
- Applicants must be in possession of a National Identity Number (NIN) before proceeding to apply for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application.
Requirements for PhD Scholarship:
- Must possess a minimum of second class lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Be computer literate.
- A research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry of not more than 5 pages to include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and Mode of data collection.
- All lecturers must produce a letter from their Vice Chancellor confirming that they are not in receipt of any other scholarships.
- Applicants must be in possession of a National Identity Number (NIN) before proceeding to apply for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application
- Trent University International Scholarships and Awards to Study in Canada 2022
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at University of Stirling 2022
Other Important Notice:
- Candidates who scales through the first round of screening successfully will be requested to submit their academic transcripts therefore all applicants are to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarships are to visit the application portal to create application account and fill in their details. An email with instructions on how to login and set your password will be sent to the email address you entered.
Applicants are to upload the required supporting documents in the required formats.
Applicants are to scan copies of the following documents and upload same to their online application:
- First degree certificate or statement of result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results and the PINs on the application forms to enable PTDF to view the O’level results on the relevant website.
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification letter
- Master’s degree certificate for PhD applicants only
- Evidence of membership of professional associations.
Visit the Official Webpage for Further Details
Application Deadline: 28th January, 2022