Postgraduate Research Training Program Grants and Scholarships in Australia | How to Apply for Australian Visa: Students interested in pursuing their research programs in Australia can take this opportunity to apply for scholarships through the Research Training Program. The awards are given to students across the globe through participating institutions. Interested persons should read details and apply for the grants. Also Get Visa Application Tips Here
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Commonwealth Sponsors.
Scholarship Type: Research Grants/Partial Funding
Scholarship level: Scholarships for Masters and Doctoral Research Programs
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Subject Eligibility: Covers All Research Areas
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic and Overseas students are eligible to apply
The RTP is a single flexible pool of funding to support both domestic and overseas students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees.
- An RTP Fees Offset pays for the tuition fees of a higher degree by research (HDR) student that would otherwise have been paid by the student. This requires that a university to fully offset tuition fee applicable for a student. This is not a stipend.
- An RTP Stipend to assist students with their living costs while undertaking a higher degree by research.
- RTP Allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of a higher degree by research (HDR). This includes relocation costs to undertake aHDR, HDR thesis printing and academic publication costs and health cover costs for recipients and their dependents.
Scholarship Eligibility Conditions:
The following eligibility conditions apply for the Postgraduate Research Training Program Grants and Scholarships in Australia
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowancea student must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDRcourse of study at an Australian HEP.
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipenda student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP Stipend Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- To be eligible for a RTP Fees Offseta student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR
Application Procedures for the Postgraduate Research Training Program Grants and Scholarships in Australia:
Research grants and the scholarships can be obtained through appropriate awarding institutions. Please refer to official Scholarship page for more information.