The Mozilla Fellows for Tech + Society Fellowship for 2024 is now open for applications. Technologists and civil society organisations, each with specialised knowledge of their own, can collaborate with the cohort and one another on a common goal through the fellowship.
The goal of this fellowship is to facilitate collaboration between leaders of civil society and technology strategists. The programme seeks to improve the capacity of civil society organisations to solve technology-related social challenges and to raise the impact of the organisations’ work by matching technologists [as fellows] with these organisations [as host organisations].
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): Mozilla Foundation
- Host Institution(s): Mozilla Foundation
- Funding Amount: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Technological strategists and Civil society leaders
- Nationality: See eligible nationalities (below)
The following requirements must be fulfilled by applicants seeking for the Mozilla Fellows for Tech + Society Fellowship:
- Applicants must be experienced technologists, with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a technology-related capacity.
- Applicants Residing in or have work authorization in the country or region of the host organization. Note that organizations have location-specific parameters.
- Understand relevant cultural nuance and context of the host country. Note that organizations may have language-specific parameters.
- Be strategically-minded and collaboration-oriented, with experience in identifying problems and solutions at the intersection of technology and social justice issues.
- Be able to carry out fellowship work to an extent generally consistent with full-time engagement. Engagement length of the fellowship is a minimum of 1.5 years and a maximum of 2 years.
- Have working fluency in English.
Fellows will join a cohort of public interest technologists and human rights organizations from:
- Eastern Africa
- India, and
The fellowship award is designed to support the whole person including:
- Fellowship stipend
- Supplementary funding, and
- Generous wrap-around support provided by Mozilla.
How-to-Apply: To begin the application process for Mozilla Technology and Society Fellowship, complete the Mozilla Fellows 2024-2026 Registration Form. The registration form must be submitted in Fluxx. Complete the full application, log in to your account on https://mozilla.fluxx.io.
If you have not received a confirmation email within two business days please email [email protected].
Application Deadline: January 22, 2024