Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of a Customer Engineer in charge of data and AI. Applicants should essentially be have adequate troubleshooting skills the role will include working with Microsoft Support to expedite incident resolution.
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
Company/Organisation: Microsoft Corporation
Job number: 955737
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Microsoft Job Recruitment for Customer Engineer | JOB DESCRIPTION
- Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
- Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
- Customer Engineers (CEs) are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption within their given Solution Area.
- As a Customer Engineer you will be a key, deeply technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments, providing tailored guidance to remove technical blockers and tuning to operate and optimize a customer’s cloud or on-premise environment.
- Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Support to expedite incident resolution. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements and can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
Qualification & Experience with the following technologies:
- SQL Server 2019, 20v16, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2005
- Experience delivering and / or authoring technical training
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. / B.A.) or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science / Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel internationally and able to obtain a valid passport within 90 days of joining the team
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills
- Ability to match technical solutions with customer business requirements
- Ability to lead and motivate technical communities
- Ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change
- Travel requirements: 50 – 70 %
Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Deep technical or architectural knowledge of at least 2 of the following areas:
- Database administration (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – performance tuning and optimization, troubleshooting, high availability / disaster recovery, security
- Database development (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – designing and building database solutions (tables / stored procedures / forms / queries / etc.)
- Business intelligence – combining knowledge of SSIS / SSAS / SSRS / AAS / Azure Data Factory / Power BI technologies with a deep understanding of data structure / data models to design, develop, and tune BI solutions and reports
- Advanced data analytics – designing and building solutions using technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Machine Learning Service, R server
Benefits and Packages
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
How-to-Apply: To submit an application for the Microsoft Job Recruitment as a Customer Engineer, interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.