In 2021, Merck is offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance. Grants of 40,000 € – 450,000 € per year for up to 3 years are available in specific research areas (below).
The Merck research grants program is open to scientists in all career stages who are affiliated with any research-based institution, university or company. Interested persons are invited to apply as follows;
Eligible Research Areas (Specific)
- Drug Discovery – 3 grants comprising 350,000 €/year for 3 years with the option of extension.
- Real time testing and sensors – grant comprising between 100,000 – 500,000 $/year for 2 years with the option of extension
- Nanoparticle for nucleic acid delivery – grant comprising between 100,000 – 300,000 $/year for 2 years with the option of extension
- Digital Innovation – 3 grants comprising 40,000 – 100,000 € for 1 year with the option of extension
- Bioelectronics – grant comprising 150,000 €/year for 3 years
- Sustainability– grant/s to be negotiated on a case by case basis
- Media recycling for cultured meat – grant/s to be negotiated on a case by case basis
- Organoids – grant/s to be negotiated on a case by case basis
- How-to-Apply: To participate in this year’s Merck Global Research Grant Program, applicants submit their application for the focus topics containing non-confidential information only. You may apply for more than one grant or submit your application for more than one focus topic. If your application is successful, you are invited to submit a full proposal under confidentiality and join a deep-dive workshop with the other finalists. All applicants will be informed about the decision of the selection committee at the beginning of October.
- Application Deadline: 31 August 2021.