Applications are currently being received for the 2024/2025 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at University of California, USA. Applicants of African origin aiming for an undergraduate or postgraduate study in USA are encouraged to apply.
The MasterCard Scholars Program hosted by the University of California, Berkeley provides next-generation leaders who are committed to the social and economic transformation of their continent with access to quality education.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): MasterCard Foundation
- Host Institution: University of California, USA
- Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees and stipend
- Number of Awards: Not stated
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Eligible Nationality: Africans
To be considered for the 2024/2025 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at University of California, applicants are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. Applicants who are refugees, stateless or have other questions regarding their citizenship may still be eligible.
- Applicants must possess excellent academic credentials and must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they come from an economically disadvantaged background especially the extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they will give back to their community, country, or continent. They should be able to elaborate in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later on the Scholarship application.
- Applicants must express their desire and intention to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
How-to-Apply: Both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first apply for admission into the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundations Program Scholarship.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the scholarship and submit all required documents alongside application for admission.
Application Deadline: Ongoing