MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at University of California 2021: The University of California (UC Berkeley) is pleased to announce its partnership with The MasterCard Foundation in a collaborative, global network of education institutions for the Scholars Programs. The program aims to develop a cohort of ethical, entrepreneurial, energetic young leaders who will drive and lead socio-economic transformation in Africa.
The MasterCard Scholars Program hosted by the University of California, Berkeley provides next-generation leaders who are committed to the social and economic transformation of their continent with access to quality education. Applicants for undergraduate and postgraduate studies are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): MasterCard Foundation, University of California
Scholarship to be taken at: USA
Scholarship Slots: Not stated
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees and stipend
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for African students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at University of California 2021, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. Applicants who are refugees, stateless or have other questions regarding their citizenship may still be eligible.
- Applicants must possess excellent academic credentials and must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they come from an economically disadvantaged background especially the extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they will give back to their community, country, or continent. They should be able to elaborate in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later on the Scholarship application.
- Applicants must express their desire and intention to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
- University of California Fellowships in Radiological Sciences, 2020
- USC School of Pharmacy Scholarship at University of Southern California
Application Procedures for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at University of California 2021
Both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first apply for admission into the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundations Program Scholarship. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the scholarship before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: Rolling