Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme 2021: Are you a clinician working in sub-Sahara Africa committed to becoming HIV specialists? Then you are invited to apply for the Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme to be trained as health professionals in HIV service delivery.
The Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme is a medical fellowship, an initiative of the IAS Educational Fund, is aimed at contributing to improving the quality of HIV service delivery in resource-limited settings by providing two-year fellowships to clinicians from sub-Saharan Africa who will spend one year in Europe and one year in Africa at clinical institutions.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): IAS Educational Fund
Fellowship to be taken in: Europe and Africa
Fellowship Worth: See program benefits (below)
Country Eligibility: Africans
Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme | DETAILS
The Fellowship programme aims at improving the quality of HIV service delivery by offering in-depth training for clinicians committed to careers in HIV clinical service delivery in sub-Saharan Africa with the aim of strengthening access to high-quality services for sub-Saharan Africa populations, with a client-centered service delivery approach.
To be eligible for the African Youth for Environment Fellowship 2021:
- Applicants must be clinicians or young health professionals who must be passionate about becoming HIV care delivery specialists.
- Applicants must possess terminal research degree as a medical doctor (or equivalent).
- Applicants must be currently working in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must be willing to go through training in HIV service delivery at clinical institutions in Europe and Africa.
- Applicants must possess at least two years of clinical experience.
- Applicants must be English, French or Portuguese speaking.
- Applicants must be willing to work and interact with persons of different religion, tribe and background.
- Applicants must be willing to return to Africa and impact the African society with the knowledge gained during the fellowship.
- The fellowship will provide expert training in HIV service delivery for people living with HIV and AIDS, from diagnosis to treatment and including co-morbidities.
- It is anticipated that the fellowship will help build capacity, foster clinical research and develop long-term sustainable partnerships
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme for Clinicians in Africa are to complete the online application before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 7 March at 23:59 CET