Here is an exceptional opportunity for international students to apply for Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship Program. This opportunity is fully-funded and available to applicants from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of € 30,000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s programme at UM.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands
Host Institution(s): Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
See Also: University of Sheffield Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme 2023 (Fully-funded)
DETAILS | Maastricht (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
To be eligible for Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a participating full-time master programme at Maastricht University for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2023.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2023-2024 scholarship programme applicants.
The benefits for Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship are:
- Living expenses € 12,350 (13 months) or € 23,750 (25 months)
- Health & liability insurance
- Visa application costs
- Tuition fees
- Pre-Academic Training costs
You May Also Like: University of Twente Scholarships for International Students 2023/2024
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship, applicants should adhere to the following steps:
Step 1: Register for one of the participating master programmes at UM
For further details on how to register for a master programme at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for UM. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
Step 2: Please fill in the application form, you need to log in with your UM account
Please use this link to fill out the application form. We can only accept applications via the application form.
Application Deadline: February 01, 2023