Lucian Leape Fellowship for Low and Middle Income countries, 2020: The International Society for Quality in Health Care is pleased to announce the commencement of application for the Lucian Leape Fellowship for applicants who were born in, work in, or intend to return to work in Africa, Latin America or any Low and Lower-Middle-Income countries.
The programme is clinically-oriented, designed to provide the Leape Fellow with additional training in the theory of Patient Safety Science and interventions to improve patient safety. The programme will include to identify and analyse adverse events and to develop interventions to address these events at the system level.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua)
Fellowship to be taken at: Developing Countries
Fellowship level: Postgraduate
Fellowship Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Medicine and Clinical Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for Africans.
You may also like: Diana Walford Msc Scholarship 2020-21 at LSHTM, London
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Lucian Leape Fellowship for Africans, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be physicians who have completed their clinical training specially residency or equivalent OR are Health Care Providers who have completed training equivalent to a residency in their field of expertise.
- Applicants must be willing to include patient safety as a core value of their future work in health care.
- Applicants must have written and signed commitment from their home institution to provide them with a role in the organization’s patient safety programme on completion of their fellowship.
- Applicants were born in and work in Africa, Latin America or any low or middle income countries as identified by the World Bank.
- Applicants have not been previously awarded an ISQua Education or Conference Fellowship.
- PhRMA Foundation Research Starter Grants for International Scholars
- International Students Scholarship at University of Pennsylvania, 2020
Application Procedure for the Lucian Leape Fellowship for Low and Middle Income countries, 2020
Applicants are to complete the online application and attach their CV outlining their educational attainment in not more than 3-pages. Applicants are also to supply two referees that are current or recent employers including their email addresses. Applicants are also to write a personal statement.
Visit the Official Webpage for More Details
Application Deadline: March 6th, 2020
[…] You may also like:Lucian Leape Fellowship for Low and Middle Income countries, 2020 […]