LSTM LIGHT Consortium PhD Studentships Programme: Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) in collaboration with The LIGHT Consortium is offering a PhD Studentships Scholarship to four African partner countries students with outstanding academic performance.
LIGHT Consortium is a UK Aid-funded programme that will deliver transformative, cross-disciplinary research across a consortium of partners based in Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Uganda and the UK to reduce the number of people affected by tuberculosis (TB) in sub- Saharan Africa being left behind.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): LSTM and LIGHT Consortium, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: LSTM and LIGHT Consortium, UK
Scholarship Type: Educational Support
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: Program fees, research support costs and stipend.
Subject Eligibility: Health Related field of Study
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
You May Also Like: Romanian Government Scholarships 2021/2022 for Foreign Citizens
LSTM LIGHT Consortium PhD Studentships | Details
The LIGHT Consortium (Leaving no-one behind: transforming Gendered pathways to Health for TB) is a UK Aid-funded programme that will deliver transformative, cross-disciplinary research across a consortium of partners based in Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Uganda and the UK to reduce the number of people affected by tuberculosis (TB) in sub- Saharan Africa being left behind. This will enable rapid deployment of new tools for TB control (vaccines, new drugs and shorter drug regimens, diagnostics) that are expected to come online in 2025.
The main approach is to direct our efforts towards formative research with TB priority groups in key settings for interventions, development and testing of those interventions, building capacity and skills, and policy engagement. We will work in densely populated urban settings, with young adults in youth forums, and through men-centred health services, aiming to reduce general transmission among the wider population of women and children.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the LSTM LIGHT Consortium PhD Studentships
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must be member of four African partner countries.
- The award is available for PhD students with a solid background in Health related courses offered at the University.
- The candidate is expected to have a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- The candidate should be fluent in English (written and spoken) and should be comfortable working in a team as well as independently and quickly acquire knowledge in new topics.
- PhD applicants will be required to have at least a basic right to work in the host country.
- Provide evidence of this prior to commencement of the studentship.
Eligible Countries: The following are the four African partner countries including the host country.
- Uganda and
The benefits of the LSTM LIGHT Consortium PhD Studentships include;
- Programme fees at the off-site student rate
- Contribution to research support costs and
Also Check: University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship 2021
How-to-Apply: The studentship scholarship will be in collaboration with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine who will be the awarding body of the PhD. All applications must be submitted on the LSTM online system via MyLSTM . Please read through the application guide carefully before beginning your application and ensure that you complete all relevant sections of the application form in full.
Application Deadline: December 10,