KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2021-2022 for Africans: Applications are being received for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) in Kumasi, Ghana. Applications for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2021-2022 at KNUST are now open. You will be required to download a form and fill same for onward submission to the specified address.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education. The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Scholarships to be taken at: Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST), Ghana.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Slots: Several number not stated.
Scholarship Worth: See scholarship benefits.
Subject Eligibility: All subjects.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: African Students.
KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
For the 2021/2022 Academic year, the opportunity is open to:
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
5. The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, Enterprise Development amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of and network with the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship should download a copy of the 2021/2022 application form (Here).
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
International Applicants Should Note that when submitting their scholarship application form to the Secretariat, they submit these additional documents;
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021