King’s College London Hans Rausing Scholarships 2021-2022: King’s College London invites applications for Hans Rausing Scholarships through Centre for History of Science, Technology and Medicine (CHoSTM) as follows: A one-plus-three year award (“1+3 award”), which funds the student to take one of the KCL MA History programmes, with progression to doctoral study at CHoSTM subject to the satisfactory completion of the MA; or
A three-year award (“+3 award”), to fund doctoral study only, for students who already have a Master’s degree in the history of science, technology, and/or medicine (HSTM), or a Master’s degree in History or a related humanities or social science field with an HSTM taught component or HSTM research experience.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): King’s College London, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: King’s College London, UK
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Masters & PhD
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee and living stipend
Subject Eligibility: History of Science, Technology and Medicine
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic and International students
You May Also Like: Prospect Burma Scholarship for International Students 2021-2022
King’s College London Hans Rausing Scholarships 2021-2022 | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to attain the following eligibility criteria for the King’s College London Hans Rausing Scholarships 2021-2022
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- The award is available for masters & PhD program in History of Science, Technology and Medicine offered by the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- A PhD project research proposal that is related to the research area
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at King’s College London, UK.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the King’s College London’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
The value of the King’s College London Hans Rausing Scholarships 2021-2022 includes:
- Scholarship award of tuition fee and
- Living stipend awarding to international students.
How-to-Apply: Applicants for either award are advised to contact a prospective supervisor to discuss research interests and proposal. Staff at KCL working in HSTM are listed here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/history/research/expertise or here: https://www.kingschostm.com/about-us
Document Requirement: There is no separate form for the Rausing Scholarship, to be considered for the +3 award, applicants
- Must submit with their electronic application a sample of written work,
- A brief personal statement of academic interests and reasons for undertaking doctoral research, and
- A research proposal. The research proposal should be around 1,000-1,500 words plus bibliography and should outline the historical questions being addressed and their significance, relevant historiography, and sources.
Application Deadline: CLosed