Kewalram Chanrai Group Endowed Scholarship for International Students: Applications are invited from eligible and outstanding academic students for Kewalram Chanrai Group Endowed Scholarship for International Students at Singapore Management University in Singapore for 2020/2021 academic session.
The Kewalram Chanrai Group Endowed Scholarship is available to first-year full-time undergraduates of foreign nationalities pursuing any degree programme at Singapore Management University. The Scholarship is aimed at motivating the students to achieve greater heights of excellence.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Singapore Management University, Singapore
Scholarships to be taken at: Singapore Management University, Singapore
Scholarship Type: Fully funded
Scholarship level: Undergraduates
Slots: Not stated
Scholarship Worth: $30,000
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Kewalram Chanrai Group Endowed Scholarship for International Students At SMU in Singapore, 2020; the following conditions apply
- Application is open to all nationalities
- Full-time first year undergraduates of foreign nationalities in any degree programme
- Preference for candidates from developing countries including but not limited to countries in which Kewalram Chanrai Group operates, such as Africa, the Indian Subcontinent, South America, Southeast Asia, and China
- Special consideration will be given to female candidates of suitable calibre from developing countries so as to encourage them to pursue a university education and to succeed in their lives
- Good academic achievements
- Demonstrated leadership skills or potential and good moral character
- Active CCAs and community involvement
- Keen sectoral interest in textiles, automotives, agriculture, commodities, international trade, IT and real estate
- Evidence of financial need
- English Language Requirement: Applicants must demonstrate their English Language proficiency through TOEFL or IELTS results.
Application Procedures for the Kewalram Chanrai Group Endowed Scholarship for International Students At SMU in Singapore, 2020
Apply via Applicant’s Self Service (after submitting an online admission application)
If you would like to be considered for this scholarship, please indicate your interest in the Scholarship section of the online application form for admission. There is no separate scholarship application form. Click here to apply to SMU.
Special consideration for this scholarship will be given to applicants with demonstrated financial needs. Applicants must also submit a separate financial aid application. This can be done via Applicant’s Self Service, after submitting the online application for admission. The financial aid application will open from 2 January to 31 May 2020 for prospective applicants applying for Academic Year 2020-21.
The program will cover the following benefits:
Tenable for up to 4 years of the recipient’s academic studies, subject to outstanding academic performance, Valued up to $30,000 per annum, The financial aid positions will offer financial support towards the recipients’ tuition fees and/or study-related expenses, such as the purchase of a notebook computer which the recipients may keep upon successful completion of their studies, purchase of textbooks, participation in Business Study Mission and/or International Student Exchange Programme with SMU partner universities.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2020