Applications are currently for the KAC Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme 2024/25. KAC is pleased to announce the launching of the 7th K.A.C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme. Next application window opens on 25 September, and closes 30 November 2023.
Successful applicants will be in Attendance at Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN) 2024 in Warsaw, Poland. The opportunity to hear the experiences of previous scholars, Support in identifying ‘next steps’ in a possible career in the field of THR.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The KAC Global
Host Institution(s): Tobacco Harm Reduction (THR)
Scholarship Worth: Stipend of $12,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate Students
Nationality: International Students
The KAC Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship | DETAILS
Indicative examples of the types of project proposals that the scheme would like to receive:
- Scoping research on THR priorities in a country
- Designing a research project on the nature or use of THR products
- Improving the applicant’s understanding of science and science skills by links with, or placement within, a research team or THR organisation
- Designing and initiating an intervention project to enhance public and/or professional understanding of THR and related projects
- Forming an organisation to take forward research on THR
- Developing a THR intervention project within a health and social care setting
- Making and disseminating a film(s) or other media containing credible and accurate information about THR
- Organising workshops and training events on THR
- Developing science communication skills related to THR
- Writing a research paper or other material for academic publication on THR
- Establishing a website and/or other media resources to improve understanding of THR
- Examining how poorer countries might overcome challenges presented by ‘high tech’ THR initiatives.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- People intending to enter into the field of research into THR and/or public health
- Harm reduction professionals
- Postgraduate students
- Researchers and scientists
- Medical professionals
- Internet and social media professionals
- Film makers and other audio-visual professionals.
Successful applicants for The KAC Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Program will receive the following benefits:
- Assistance in honing your proposal post-submission
- A stipend of $12,000 to undertake the project
- Travel to and from Warsaw to attend the Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN) (read programme highlights)
- An online course in the theory and practice of THR
- Accommodation for the whole period of GFN, including additional days for scholars
- Per diems for the duration of GFN
- Enrolment onto the Mentoring scheme, with a named expert mentor (read programme highlights)
- On-going support from the Scholarship Programme Manager
- Assistance with problem solving – both practical and academic
- the opportunity to return to Warsaw in 2025 to share your findings, either as a poster display, as a speaker, or as an enhanced scholar.
You May Also Like: Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships 2024 [Fully Funded]
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking for The KAC Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Program should follow these steps:
Once you are logged in:
- Complete your profile (nationality, contact details, etc).
- Complete the THR-101 mini-course & quiz (at least 70% required)
- Submit your proposal
Submission system will auto-save your progress, so you can safely prepare your submission over the course of several days.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023