Applications are invited from suitably qualified young South Africans for the Government of Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme which seeks to enhance internationalization in Japan by promoting mutual understanding between the people of Japan and those of other nations.
The objectives of the Programme are achieved by offering JET Programme participants the opportunity to serve in local authorities as well as public and private elementary, junior high, and senior high schools in Japan.
Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme 2023 | DETAILS
The Government of Japan is calling for applications from young South Africans who would like to spend at least one year in Japan as Assistant Language Instructors (ALTs) under a highly successful international exchange programme for university graduates.
The Programme is implemented by local authorities and other organisations who appoint Participants in cooperation with the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), and the Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR).
To be eligible for the Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Participants are to carry out their duties as ALTs under the guidance of language teachers’ consultants or Japanese teachers of the foreign language as specified by the supervisor and/or principal of the board of education and/or school.
- Must demonstrate excellent teaching and research abilities.
- Applicants must be willing to stay in Japan and serve the term of the programme.
- Be a young South African graduate.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme 2022/23 are to complete an online application form and submit the following supporting documents:
- 2023 Application form
- 2023 JET Programme Applicant Self-Report of Medical Condition(s).
- Certified record/Transcript
- Essay (Statement of Purpose)
- Certification of Graduation
- Letters of Reference
- Teaching or language proficiency qualifications
- Proof of Identity
- Criminal Record/ Police Clearance Certificate.
Application Deadline: October 21, 2022