International Committee of the Red Cross Traineeship Opportunity 2020: Applications are invited from qualified candidates to apply for a traineeship position at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) where the successful candidate will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor and Thematic Editor in the evaluation of future themes for issues of the Review, assessment, editing and research related to submitted articles, and overall content management.
International Review of the Red Cross is a peer-review journal produced by the ICRC and published by Cambridge University Press dedicated to international humanitarian law, policy and action. It is published three times per year and its principal audience includes governments, international governmental and non-governmental organisations, universities, the media and everyone interested in humanitarian issues.
- Assistance to the Editor-in-Chief and the Managing Editor of the International Review of the Red Cross.
- Evaluation and editing of article submissions (checking the reasoning, arguments, structures and sources), including of submission dealing with topics of a legal nature.
- Substantial academic research as part of the editing process.
- Identification of potential authors and peer reviewers.
- Engagement with authors, peer reviewers and publishers, in a diplomatic and politically astute manner, as an ambassador for the journal and the ICRC.
- Management of the team inbox, including acknowledging receipt of submissions and either responding to or dispatching queries.
- Interaction with external and internal interlocutors on identifying potential topics to be covered in the Review and for commissioning articles.
- Preparation and co-conduct of interviews of key experts in the field of humanitarian law, policy and action for the Review.
- Management of book reviews for selected issues of the Review in collaboration with the Review’s Book Review editor.
- Assistance in the development of a promotion strategy for upcoming editions of the journal in close collaboration with other members of the editorial team and other units within the Law and Policy Department, the Outreach unit.
- Ad-hoc presentations on IHL to groups visiting the ICRC.
- Maintenance of administrative records such as journal stock and distribution lists.
You May also See:
- Massive Graduate Job Recruitment and Student Internships at Microsoft
- Vacancies at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), June 2020
A master’s degree in law or international relations, preferably including a focus related to armed conflict studies. Applicants must possess excellent command of English with good French reading abilities.
Candidates are expected to have a maximum of one-year professional experience after graduation or two years if they have been in previous internships, traineeships or similar positions.
- Type of role: Traineeship
- Working rate: 100%
- Starting date: 01-09-2020
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Visa/permit: Legitimacy care provided
- Gross monthly salary: 3000 CHF
- Application documents required: diplomas, work certificates, scan color or passport- please upload on your profile.
Applicants can apply by completing the online form at the official website.
Application Deadline: 30-06-2020