The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is pleased to announce the Young Scientists Summer Program 2024 for PhD students to undertake a scientific project on a topic related to the IIASA research agenda.
Most of the National Member Organizations (NMOs) provide grants to enable young scientists (either their own nationals or foreign students studying in their country) to participate in the YSSP.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): IIASA, Austria
- Host Institution(s): IIASA
- Scholarship Worth: Funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Doctoral Students
- Nationality: International Students
To be considered the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program 2024, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- The program is designed for Ph.D. students (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving their Ph.D.) working on a topic compatible with on-going research at IIASA and a wish to explore the policy implications of their work.
- Participants will be working under the direct mentorship of an experienced IIASA scientist in a unique interdisciplinary and international research environment.
- They will produce a paper (serving as the first step towards a publishable journal article) and will get the opportunity to build up contacts for future collaboration within the institute’s worldwide network.
- Applicants can choose to work with up to two programs. We strongly encourage to carefully read through all program descriptions before making your decision.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of National Member Organizations (NMO) countries.
How-to-Apply: If you are a Ph.D. student, check if your topic is compatible with on-going IIASA research. Ideally, your work should explore policy implications. The final application needs to be submitted via the online application system.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to establish contact with the respective IIASA program representatives as soon as possible. Please draft your pre-proposal (use this PDF form to orientate yourself as to the criteria to be fulfilled) and contact the respective CDAT representatives of the program of your choice as soon as possible.
Application Deadline: January 12, 2023