International Finance Corporation (IFC) is pleased to offer the Global Internship Program (GIP) to highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of IFC and the broader World Bank Group and become part of the largest private sector development institution in the world.
The program encourages individuals to bring new perspectives and innovative ideas to IFC’s work, while improving skills in a diverse and highly stimulating environment. The Global Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to exchange ideas and network with international professionals dedicated to ending extreme poverty and boosting prosperity in the developing world.
- Organisation: International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Internship Location: Washington, D.C. or IFC’s country regional offices
- Internship Duration: Four weeks
- Available Slot: Several
- Basic Qualifications: Graduates
- Nationality: All Nationalities
Applicants must fulfil the following requirements for the Global Internship Program:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a Masters’ degree level program, with at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- IFC hires Global Interns for a minimum period of four weeks between May and September to work on discrete projects in Washington, D.C. or in one of IFC’s country or regional offices. Many of the posted opportunities are also open for virtual participation.
- Operational assignments cover various areas of work, such as participation in sector-specific market mapping, investment proposal reviews, financial modelling and analysis, portfolio management, upstream work and advisory services activities. Other assignments can cover a range of activities in corporate and support departments.
Successful applicants seeking for Global Internship Program will receive the following benefits:
- Receives 5,000+ applications each year for approximately 70+ positions located in headquarters in Washington, DC and around the world.
- Global Interns also get access to corporate orientation
- Skills training, and
- Regular learning events/activities for the GIP cohort.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for Global Internship Program should submit application online.
Following a thorough evaluation process at the conclusion of the internship, successful GIP interns are encouraged to apply to the WBG Young Professionals Program should they meet such application requirements, or to any other full-time opportunity available after graduation.
Application Deadline: February 25, 2024