ICRAF Fellowship Program 2020 for Young Researchers: The World Agroforestry Centre is inviting applications from qualified candidates to work under the newly formed Transformative Partnership Platform (TPP) Nutri-scapes. Nutri-scapes is seeking interested young researchers from the nutrition or social science fields that have the passion to contribute to the goals of the platform.
Applicants with an idea for a small research project that would contribute to the goals of the platform to solve nutrition challenges in developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. The program is sponsored by The World Agroforestry Centre also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry (ICRAF).
Program Sponsor(s): International Centre for Research in Agroforestry (ICRAF)
Program to be taken at: Developing countries
Program level: Young Researchers
Program Worth: USD 3,000
Subject Eligibility: Nutrition or Social Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The program is for researchers from developing countries.
Program Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the ICRAF Fellowship Program 2020 for Young Researchers, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have completed a master’s degree in related field of study from an accredited academic institution with above average results; or enrolment in a master program that aligns with the research proposed.
- Applicants must possess excellent command of English language (demonstrated through a Master’s level thesis written and defended in English and/or IELTS/TOEFL scores).
- Eligible female candidates, candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities meeting required qualifications and conditions will receive preference.
Application Procedures for the ICRAF Fellowship Program 2020 for Young Researchers
Applicants are to upload the following documents during the application:
- A letter of motivation (1 page or less explaining why you are interested in joining this particular research partnership)
- Signed curriculum vitae; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Certified and scanned copies of all university degree certificates.
- Certified and scanned copies of all university transcripts
- Original research proposal, budget and a work plan (2 pages excluding the budget and references)
- Introduction, the development challenge that the research addresses or contributes to, scientific problem and knowledge gap articulation, and the objectives and research questions of the proposed research
- Data requirements, research methods proposed to collect the data, and analytical techniques/tools/approaches
- Envisaged outputs with tentative titles of the proposed research articles
- Proposed Work Plan
- Budget/Required resources
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2020