IBM Global University Programs Academic Awards: Nominations for the IBM Global University Programs Academic Awards is ongoing for applicants worldwide. These Awards promote research, innovation, and the building of partnerships and communities ranging from a many-to-many to one-to-one basis. Awards look to support and impact an area of significant interest to the university and IBM.
The IBM Academic Award program fosters collaboration between researchers at leading universities and IBM Researchers and Technologists worldwide. IBM Academic Awards can also promote curriculum innovation to stimulate growth in emerging academic disciplines. Academic Awards are not a contract, and intellectual property rights remain with the University. Awards cannot be connected to present or in-process IBM commercial activity with the university
Award Sponsor(s): IBM
Award to be taken at: Universities (worldwide)
Award Benefits: Academic Awards can include monetary support, IBM Cloud resources, equipment, services, or software.
Award Slot: Not specified
Nationality: USA and International applicants
IBM Global Academic Awards | Eligibility Criteria:
To be considered for the IBM Academic Awards, nominees must ensure they meet the following criteria:
- To qualify for an IBM Global University Program Academic Award, the nominee must be a full-time professor at an accredited university that has a PhD or Masters’ program in the nominee’s field.
- Candidates must have outstanding contributions in their field, or in the case of junior faculty, show unusual promise
- Candidates are to be nominated by an IBM nominator and nominations are welcome for candidates of all nationalities.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong academic and leadership abilities and must be ready by the guidelines governing the conduct of IBM fellows.
Area of Focus
Future of Health, Work, and Climate; Governance of Science and Technology (Standards); Future of Computing; Materials Design; Hybrid Cloud/Multi-Cloud/Future of Cloud; AI for Business, Science, or Technology; AI Optimization; Security/Blockchain; Systems; Quantum; Exploratory Sciences; IBM Cloud Academic Credits
How-to-Apply: Participation in the IBM Global University Programs Academic Awards is made possible as follows;
- An IBM nominator initiates the Academic Award process with a This nominator is the primary contact through vetting.
- All IBM Academic Award proposals must be submitted by IBM employees who collaborate with faculty members, or the institution, on a technical or research basis.
- For faculty that are interested in pursuing a nomination for an IBM Global University Program Academic Award but with limited IBM contacts, IBM Global University Programs recommends building relationships with IBM through many of the outreach programs found on www.ibm.com. If there is any future mutual interest in collaboration, your enlarged circle of IBM contacts could be eligible to seek sponsorship and initiate a nomination for you.
Application Deadline: Updated Yearly