Applications are hereby invited from talented South Africans for Harvard Fellowship Programme to improve and transform their communities and South Africa. Harvard University President Derek Bok established the Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program in 1979.
To attract the widest possible pool of applicants for the programme, HSAFP is always working to broaden its reach among institutions and organisations in South Africa. All eligible South Africans can apply for the programme.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): Harvard University President Derek Bok
- Host Institution(s): Harvard University
- Funding Amount: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees
- Nationality: South African Students
The following requirements must be fulfilled by applicants seeking for the Harvard Fellowship Programme:
- Applicants who have shown considerable skill in their chosen fields stand to benefit from advanced training, and, it is hoped, can use that advanced training to further South African political, social, and economic progress.
- Thus, candidates who have just completed, or who have not yet completed, a first degree are not selected unless this degree is being pursued concurrently with, or subsequent to, experience in the workplace.
- Fellows usually range from 30- to 45-years-old, but there is no age requirement or limit.
How-to-Apply: The Harvard Fellowship Programme HSAFP 2024 Application Form is hosted and resides on the Harvard University Funding Portal,
To apply, follow these steps:
- Click here to access the application on or after February 1.
- Applicants should select ‘Apply’.
- On the Login screen, select ‘without Harvard Key’.
- If you are logging in for the first time, select ‘Create New Account’. After you create your account, return to the link above to access the application.
- You can return to the link above to access your application using the login and password you create.
Using Google Chrome or Firefox. The system will not function correctly when using Internet Explorer or Safari. You may preview the application here .
Application Deadline: April 15, 2024